T-ara Areum doubt fit the group

T-ara grabbed viewers' attention with their July 13th Music Bank comeback performance of their new hit "Day by Day." With this song, they immediately shot up to third place on the charts despite only being back for a week.
Among this girl group is new member Areum who brings her soft, fresh voice, and strong stage presence to fans.

Meeting with reporters after her successful debut, Areum said, "It doesn't feel real yet. I remember seeing them on TV and I really wondered if I would be able to blend in with them. I'm so thankful for such great fortune. At first it was very difficult to dance in high heels, but after much practice I've improved a lot."

Recruiting new members into already established groups has very high risks as the outcome could be either failure or success. Because the group is already famous, new members can become known very quickly. However, after the adjustment period, the question is whether or not this member can contribute to the group's fast growing popularity. The member could then face many burdens and responsibilities.

Areum stated, "It was a very great burden. I did not want to damage T-ara's high caliber status and it was quite stressful. But after the debut, I thought 'these unnies really have a lot of experience. It would be good to follow them.'"

A ninth member, Dani, is expected to join T-ara in December. It appears as though comparison between the two will be inevitable. To this, Areum responded with determination, "It doesn't matter. We are two separate people and have different charms. I want to be like Suzy and represent the 94 line as a singer and actress. Like an onion peeling layer by layer, I too wish to show myself one stage at a time and reveal the attraction of my ideas."

Related Posts